Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My giving challenge

I was challenged personally when I read about Kingdom First Mom's blog and challege for a 30 day giving challege. I feel strongly about this myself. I believe God blesses us and wants us to reach out and bless others. You may be like me....wondering what could I possible do? I am a wife, mother, nurse,...just livivng my normal life. What can I give? I Have been blessed the last year and half to learn a lot more about couponing. I give away my extra stuff to people who need it, but I had accummulated a nice little stockpile of tolietries. My church is hosting a community Thanksgiving dinner for those in need. As i was driving down the road one day I started to think that maybe I could donate my extra stuff to be given out. Well I asked and yes it would be useful when they go door to door inviting people. This is not to glorify my actions, but to encourage any of you that think you would like to do something, somewhere but feel you don't think you have any talents. Saving money is a talent and you could donate somewhere...a church, a shelter, a foodbank.

These are my packages I made up. I was able to make about 100 with various items in each bag. I hope you can be a blessing to someone this holiday season.


No comments: