Thursday, August 13, 2009

Favorite Vacation


I am joining the "favorite vacations" over at Kelly's Korner today. My favorite vacation was a missions trip that I went on to Vienna Austria in Nov. 2007. We went for almost 2 weeks. The first week was helping to build a church and the second week we did a lot of sight seeing.
The Schönbrunn summer palace. Very beautiful.
Us working at tearing out the insides of an old warehouse that was coverted to a very nice/modern church.
The team that came from my church.
This is Mauthausen concentration camp in Austria that was used by the Germans during WWII. This was a very moving experience for me (very emotional)
This Florida girl loved all the snow.
We went to Germany for a day and went up to the top of a mountain. This sign was on the door at the top. I just thought it was funny.
This picture is at the top of that Mt. in Germay to. It was so cold that it hurt. Probably the coldest I have ever experienced.
We stayed for about 5 days in Salzburg, Austria too. It is best known for being the birthplace of Mozart and the "Sound of Music" was filmed there. This picture is in front of the house used to film the Sound of Music. Although the sound of music was a true story most Austrians don't know it because it was an American movie.
This is the gazebo from the movie where they (Liesl) danced to "sixteen going on seventeen". I really enjoyed this whole experience. there is nothing better than doing God's work and getting to see other parts of the world.
Just a side note*** You can no longer go inside the gazebo because people were trying to dance on the seat like the movie and they were getting injured...LOL.

7 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

oh this does sound like an amazing expereince

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I'm impressed you came here from Florida in the winter! You are right- it is so cold! I went to Salzburg last weekend and took lots of the same pics ;)

(Came from Kelly's!)

Amanda Rooney said...

This looks like the trip of a lifetime!!!

And thanks for sharing the gazebo pic! I haven't seen that movie in forever...but you could never forget that scene!!

Katie Patterson said...

OH I AM SO JEALOUS!!! I am musician and I have always wanted to visit Salzburg

Nikki Cogg said...

I looooove the sound of music!! How fun that you got to see all of that in person. And as for the snow... you're not missing much down there in Florida! (I'm from Chicago.. we get enough of that around here)

Josh and Maggie said...

How fun! I've been on that same Sound of Music tour in Salzburg! It was by far my favorite part of our trip!

Shoshanah said...

I would love to go to both Germany and Austria someday. And would definitely want to do the Sound of Music tour