Monday, January 18, 2010

Eat from the pantry challenge


Money Saving Mom is doing an "eat from the pantry" challenge this month. She is using up the things she already has in her over flowing pantry and freezer. I didn't officially join the challenge, but I had decided to do it as much as I could. You try to only buy the essentials, like milk, fresh fruit, etc.... you plan your meals with everything else you already have. I have been surprised how well I have done. We have a large deep freezer that is usually full and I can't find what I'm looking for half the time. I am happy to report that it is less than half full now. My overflowing pantry is becoming a little more manageable as well. This is also a great way to save some extra money from the grocery budget from time to time.

No comments: