Thursday, January 29, 2009

Too much candy?






Did you buy a lot of the Hershey and Resses Whipps candy bars that are free after coupons this week at Walgreen's? Did you buy a lot of extra gum that was .33 cents a pack last week at Walgeen's? Well if you did and you have no idea what to do with it, I have a few frugal ideas. 1) My 10 year old son is invited to a birthday party this weekend. I was trying to think what I could get without busting my budget. I decided to buy plastic popcorn buckets ($1 at target dollar spot or dollar tree). I added some of the candy then I bought (2) $5 gift certificates to a local movie theater. I wrapped it in cello wrap (already had) and finished with wired ribbon (already had). The whole gift only cost me $11.33.
2)My next idea was to buy the valentine cups that are 6/$1 this week at Walgreen's (of course...LOL) I put some candy in the cup and tied wired ribbon around it. It would make a cute Valentine gift for your child. The total gift cost me less than .50 cents. If you are curious how to get free candy you can read my post here

No comments: