Thursday, September 4, 2008

Planning ahead for Christmas this year



All the blogs I have been reading have reminded me that Christmas is not too far away.I have recently started trying to follow a stricter budget than last year. I love Christmas and everything that goes along with the season, so I am thinking ahead this year. I found a few good deals at CVS this week. My CVS has all summer items 50% off. I thought the lined baskets would be great for making themed baskets for family and friends. I also got this Hannah Montana toy for my 5 year old daughter. I will stock up on stocking stuffers now.
I am making a list just like Jennifer at Get ready for Christmas suggested. I got my $25.00 Home Depot gift card (for buying items at Publix) in the mail last week. This may make a good gift for dad or any man in your life. Those $5.00 gift cards from Target's deal this week would make a good addition to a gift basket for a teacher or friend. Do you collect coke rewards? You could use reward points to get gift cards or other gifts. You can use 285 points to make a 8x11 photo book at snapfish. This would make a good gift for any grandparent. Let me know your ideas for saving money this Christmas.

No comments: