Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My heart is heavy tonight


I want to post some pictures of my birthday on Monday. My husband took me out and I had a great time, but tonight it not the night. I am so sad about the disappearance of a 7 year old girl in our area. She disappeared on Monday while she was walking home from school with her twin brother and other siblings. The police have discovered a body in a landfill today but have not made a positive ID. I am always disturbed when I hear of child abductions, but this case is REALLY bothering me. I am sad that I had to scare my own 7 year old children by telling them this story and reinforcing that they should always stay together and not talk to strangers. I know that I cannot live in fear and that God is in control, but it does make me hold my precious children a little longer tonight as I tuck them in bed.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble


1 comment:

Katrina said...

My prayers are with the girl's family. That is so sad to hear.