Sunday, December 7, 2008

Frugal Family Christmas fun (day #7)




Take a family picture together. This does not have to be expensive. For many years my best friend and I have gone to the beach together (with our families and digital cameras) and taken pictures. The key is to take a lot so your are bound to like some of them. Go anywhere that is in your area. One year we went to a fort and one year we took them while we were on vacation in the mountains. Then make that family photo into an ornament for your tree. I usually get a dated frame from the Picture People or go to cracker barrel. This year you can go to artscow.com and get a ornament made with your uploaded picture for $1.99 + free shipping. Just use the code ORNAMENT199. I already ordered mine. You can order as many as you want for that price. I bought several for gifts. Another great place to get pictures taken is Portrait Innovations. They have a special that you can get for $9.99. They do a great job and I'm always happy with the outcome. Each year when we pull out our ornament my kids are excited to look at the pictures from past years. It is kinda a Christmas tree scrapbook.

No comments: