Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Frugal Family Christmas Fun (day #9)

You and your children can do some holiday baking. Cookies, candies, etc..... At times I find myself in too much of a hurry or I want things perfect so I automatically say "no" when my children ask to help. I am trying to relax and say "yes" more often. I remember as a child rolling out cookie dough with my mom and cutting them and painting them with food coloring. Those are the kinds of things that stick out in your memory. I'm sure I won't remember in 10 years how clean or messy my kitchen was because my kids did or didn't help. My children get excited when I let them break apart the store bought cookie dough or stir the bowl. They are proud of their accomplishments. Do some holiday baking with your kids this year.

No comments: